5 Favorite Etageres
Maria’s Top 5 Favorite Etageres
é·ta·gère also e·ta·gere: noun: a piece of furniture with open shelves for displaying small ornaments
I love a good etagere. It provides great storage, curated display space as well as artistic interest to a room. Etageres can be placed against a wall to add vertical lift or employed as a room divider.
Honestly, it was quite difficult to narrow down my favorite etageres to just 5 because there are hundreds of beautifully designed pieces from dozens of manufacturers. But I thought it would be best to choose my top 5 (instead of 10+) to keep this blog post short and sweet. I think this collection of 5 will give you wonderful options on style, size and price.
By the way, these are in no special order of importance. I love them all……
1. Jacques Etagere by Jonathan Adler “Bring on the tough glamour. The Jacques Collection creates a bold balance of masculine lines and feminine finishes. The etagere mixes the jewel-like sparkle of custom-tooled brushed brass with Lucite construction. The result is modern decor with an heirloom-level of quality. It’s perfect for displaying books or your favorite decorative accessories, like a fab Futura Vase. Big presence, weightlessly transparent.” BTW, there are many, many things I love designed by Jonathan Adler.
2. Elton Etagere by Century Furniture. This etagere stopped me in my tracks while perusing the showrooms at 2015 Spring HP Market. I literally stared at it as if it was a work of art in a prestigious museum. I think I was mesmerized by the gorgeous gold leaf finish that sparkled under the showroom lights. I find the L-shaped arms to be a unique way to hold the glass shelves. Of course, the way it was styled for Market took it to another level. Thought I took a picture of that but I can’t seem to find it in the thousands of images on my iPhone.
3. The Stratford Etagere by Uttermost. This naturally weathered, reclaimed fir wood etagere has a light gray glaze which makes it perfect for a coastal theme space. It’s simple, sturdy, rustic style and deep shelves make it great to store and display all your stuff. For the busy family, I can visualize woven baskets filled with movies and games on the bottom shelf of this etagere. Photo frames, artwork and books can be displayed on the middle and top shelves. Oh, and another great thing, it’s moderately priced.
4. Preserve Botany Etagere by Stanley Furniture. Heeeeeellllllooooo Gorgeous! Described as Chinese Chippendale style, the Botany Etagere has great presence and flair. The graceful lines of the back are almost too pretty to cover up with shelf-top accessories. But the talented stylists at the Stanley Furniture showroom did a wonderful job showcasing this to die for piece of furniture. Available in 3 colors; Lamb’s Ear, Orchid and Rose, this etagere can be used in a variety of spaces to include your dining room, living room or even a bedroom.
5. Virevolte Bookcase/Room Divider by French Heritage. So here’s one interestingly designed etagere I’ve never seen before til I visited the French Heritage showroom. “From Felix Monge comes an exceptional piece to add to your décor; whether it is more bookcase or art is up to you. Five independently rotating columns float within a wooden square. Orient all the columns one way and the look is decidedly open.”
So, are you ready to add a beautiful and functional etagere to your space?
PS. Maria Adams Designs is a proud retail partner for most of these manufacturers in which we offer competitive pricing. Place your order by July 30, 2015 to receive an additional 10% off already discounted prices. We’ll have your etagere delivered and set up by our white-glove team and if you choose, we can even style it for you. Contact Us if you’re interested.
CONTACT US TODAY TO GET YOUR PROJECT STARTED!